The Bottom Line:
Learn and practice writing the letters in their upper- and lower-case forms.
- Traceable letters in upper and lower cases – The tracing activity includes all 26 letters of the alphabet in their two cases, allowing children to practice writing both lower and upper case letters.
- Cost – It’s free!
- No tracing guide – Specific starting and end points are not shown in the tracing activity, so children have to figure out for themselves how to properly trace the letters. Moreover, no animation, sound effect, or voice-over is included to indicate satisfactory or unsatisfactory performance in the activity.
- General lack of features – An extremely basic design limits the application’s educational value, especially so with the unimpressive Play and Trace sections. In Play, specifically, users have to select letters in their upper case, but the lack of accompanying animation or voice-over makes the all-text section very confusing to pre-readers.
- The original review posted on Sep 6th, 2011, has been edited: a recent update resolves issues previously mentioned in this review. The Windows Phone Parent team is thrilled by the positive impact our feedback makes on the apps our children use every day.
- Audio flash-cards – Version 2.1 of this app includes delightful audio flash-cards featuring voice-over by a child. The voice-over states both the name of the letter and the image shown in the flash card.
About This App:
My kid likes it!
3 – 5 years old
This is an educational app aimed at helping kids learn alphabtes. Kids would love the trace ‘n learn feature, learning how to write the alphabets.
Ver 2.1 (This Version) ———————— Minor bug fixes
About this Page
Review updated on: July 27th, 2012
Last Version Reviewed: 18.104.22.168
WPGirl: 5 year-old girl
All the information in this review is accurate as of July 27th, 2012