The Bottom Line:
Practice addition, subtraction, multiplication and division by solving math problems
- Intuitive – The app is very easy to use.
- Graphics – The app’s vibrant graphics make it look more like a game than a learning tool.
- Encouraging – A new problem will only appear after the problem you are working on is solved.
- Thoughtful – A lot of research has gone into developing this app, including focus groups.
- No customization – For early learners, it would be very useful if the parent could set the level of difficulty as adding big numbers could be very difficult and discouraging.
- Misleading buttons – The setting button is pointless. Like the “Next” button on the right side of the screen, the app displays a new problem when you press the setting button instead of directing you to setting options.
- Cramped menu – The operating buttons have been squeezed onto one page and are a little cramped. The bottom buttons are very small.
- Counting assistance – In case your child needs help adding, this application has a magic wand to help count items on both sides of the equation.
- Encouraging – Whether they get the answer right or not, a real voice expresses appreciation for the child choosing a response.
- Rewarding – Every five successful answers results in a colored star as a reward and every thirty correct answers results in colored award.
About This App:
Good app. Could use some refinement
The author could improve on providing settings page to control the features but overall great app
My kids were so excited to try this app, but they found the controls hard to use. The buttons at the bottom, in particular, were difficult for young fingers, and they kept inadvertantly touching the next (>) button
3 – 8 years old
Math Magic uses a combination of your choice of vibrant colors, simple interface and a reward system of stars to encourage and teach kids between the ages of 3 and 8. It’s really easy to use. The child simply has to tap on an answer to solve the problem. Whether they get the answer right or not, a real voice expresses appreciation for the child choosing a response. Once the correct answer has been achieved, a new math problem will appear. Every five successful answers results in a colored star as a reward and every thirty correct answers results in colored award to the kid. Kids love the Math Magic app because it’s fun. Parents love it because it helps their child get a good start in math and provides constructive use of time during car trips or waiting for food or an appointment. Much research has gone into the development of Math Magic and it has the seal of approval from the kids involved in the focus groups. Why? Because this app has everything that appeals to a young child’s learning mind.
- Very simple design.
- Vibrant colors
- Surprises and rewards
- Positive reinforcement
- Easy customization.
Want to hear your child ask you for more math work to do? Great, then you’ll get your Math Magic now. It’s that easy.
About this Review
Reviewed on: Sep 5th, 2011
Version Reviewed: 220.127.116.11
WPChild: 5 year-old girl
All the information in this review is accurate as of Sep 5th, 2011