The Bottom Line:
Embellish your SMS and e-mails with various text effects.
- Many options available for just plain text – Two text boxes appear on the main screen: Your Text, the text box on the left, is where you enter your message, and Twisted Text, the text box on the right, is where you can preview the text effect or “Twisting Logic” that you have chosen from the selection at the bottom of the main screen. You can select from five different text effects.
- Metro Style implementation – This very intuitive application follows Metro design principlesMetro is the new design language created by Microsoft for the Windows Phone 7 interface. in a delightful way: All the functions you need are in the application bar, and the decoration categories are easily accessible in a pivot page, which makes navigation very easy.
- Easily share your Twisted Text via SMS or e-mail – After embellishing your text, you can easily send it to others via SMS or e-mail.
- Cost – It’s free*!
- The original review posted on December 7, 2012, has been edited: A recent update adds an autocomplete functionality that is now available when texting. In addition, we’ve confirmed that the separate message threads created when texting with this application are only temporary; once messages are successfully sent, they are automatically added to the master thread and the separate threads are deleted. We’ve also retracted our comment about Twisted Texts being easily overwritten; the developer explains that Twisted Texts are deliberately easy to edit for users to conveniently modify, copy, and paste content to other applications, and that accidentally deleted Twisted Texts can be quickly retrieved by adding or deleting a single character in the left text box (Your Text).
- We could not find anything ugly about this delightful app. If you discover something new or something that could be improved with this app, please leave a comment and we will consider adding it to this post.
- Add ASCII art to your messages – Once you tap on the Decorate icon in the application bar, you can embellish your messages with over 35 different ASCII art effects, including very elaborate pictures that can take up to twelve lines in your text message.
- Holiday Greetings – A category dedicated to holiday greetings can be found in the Decoration section of this application. There are greetings for Easter, Halloween, and Valentine’s Day. My personal favorite is the Christmas greeting composed of a house in the middle of a snow storm.
About This App:
Awesome now I can talk to my friends in style (:
This app is not intended for children.
Send holiday greetings, play a prank on friend, propose your soul-mate, send cute, funny or crazy messages to your loved ones. In short, have lots of fun with ⓉⒺⓍⓉ!
♥ Type in inverted, rounded, leet speak and many more.. ♥ Use 1200+ emoticons (emojis) ♥ Add ASCII art decorations ♥ SMS or email your created text directly from the app. ♥ Post to social networking sites (configured on phone) directly from the app
What’s new in Version 1.4 • New ASCII arts • Landscape mode support • Fixed issue of textbox losing focus after inserting emoji • Fix for French accented characters to work better with Twisting logics.
NOTE: A Pro version is also available without advertisements. Purchase it to get rid of ads and help support development.
Warning: Sending ASCII arts and emoji as SMS relies on your service provider’s support for sending 16-bit Unicode text SMS and the receiving phone’s support to receive such messages. In case the receiver is not able to see the messages properly then it’s probably a limitation of his phone or his service provider. Most service providers support for sending 16-bit Unicode SMS and all Windows Phone handsets and other modern handsets are capable of sending and receiving such SMS.
Visit us online at http://kunruchcreations.com for tips and tricks and more. ]
About this Review
Reviewed on: Dec 7th, 2011
Review Updated on: Mar 6th, 2012
Latest Version Reviewed: 188.8.131.52
All the information in this review is accurate as of Mar 6th, 2012