The Bottom Line:
Translation app with auto-detect language feature.
- Selection history and extensive list of languages – Choose from more than 35 languages, or reselect a language from the Latest Used list. The Latest Used list records the source and target languages you select, and it can be easily enabled or disabled with a quick tap of a finger.
- Elegant user interface – This app follows Metro-design principles in a delightful way. The user interface is also clean and easy to navigate. Everything you need is in one screen, but nothing is cluttered or too complicated to use.
- Auto-detect language feature – The app can still translate even without a selected source language. It automatically detects the original text’s language and translates it into the target language of your choice, which is a very useful feature if you’re copying random words or phrases that you are absolutely not familiar with.
- No risk – Free trial available.
- Undisclosed source language of automatically detected text - The app translates even without a selected source language, but it doesn’t reveal which language the original text is in. It would be nice if the auto-detect language feature also told users the source language of all automatically detected text.
- We could not find anything ugly about this delightful app. If you discover something new or something that could be improved with this app, please leave a comment and we will consider adding it to this post.
- Two translators in one – The trial version of this app uses Bing as its default translator, but the paid version not only removes the ads but also includes Google Translate as a second option. You can easily toggle between the two translators once you have bought the full version.
- Let the app talk for you (not all languages supported) – The app supports audio playback of translated text. It’s particularly useful when you’re learning to pronounce foreign words, or when you’re talking with anyone whose language you don’t know. Some of the languages this app “speaks” are Catalan, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, and German.
About This App:
This app is not intended for children.
Use Translator++ to translate anything between more than 35 languages using Bing or Google translation engines.
Choose the engine, translate anything and listen to it to know how to pronounce it!
Simple, fast, easy!
- Friendly and simple user interface
- Listen to the translation
- Language detection
- Support for right-to-left languages
- Multiple translation engines
- Fast app switching
- FREE trial version
New in v1.2: - Better access to latest used languages
New in v1.1:
- Completely new user interface
- Switch between input and output languages
Trial version is ad-supported and only Bing translation engine is available. Buy full version to have fully functional ad-free translator.
About this Review
Reviewed on: March 15th, 2012
Version Reviewed: 18.104.22.168
All the information in this review is accurate as of March 15th, 2012