The Bottom Line:
Timed numbers-based game in which players must find adjacent number tiles with values that form sequences.
- Causal gaming for all types of people – The game is easy to pause and resume, and it doesn’t crash if you go back and forth between applications. It’s great for puzzle addicts, people on the go or people who want something to do for only a short period of time.
- Great overall design – Aside from its engaging gameplay, the app features audio and graphics that are well made and very likable. The combination of these elements produces a nice feel that any type of gamer will enjoy.
- Player achievements on Live Tile – Instantly know how many in-game achievements you’ve collected just by looking at your Start screen. The app’s Live Tile also displays the percentage of your progress in collecting the in-game achievements.
- No risk – Free trial available.
- Wordy game instructions – Beginners are stuck with wordy instructions in the How to Play section. There are accompanying screenshots, but they could be labeled more effectively to avoid confusion. A casual game like this could really benefit from having concise help-sections or tutorial levels that make learning the game rules and goals fun and more efficient.
- Smaller tiles in higher levels – New tiles are gradually added as you progress in the game. The addition of these tiles makes the game more exciting but also causes the average tile size to decrease, which can make selecting or shifting the tiles more challenging for some people.
- Room for improvement: Global leaderboard – It would be nice if there were a global leaderboard you could access in the game. Competitive types will appreciate knowing exactly how they compare with gamers from the rest of the world.
- Application bug: Overlapping tiles – A bug causes tiles to line up incorrectly when they move. It can make tiles overlap, obstructing your view of the other tiles on the screen.
- Swipe to find your perfect straight – If the tiles don’t form any sequence, you can rearrange the existing tiles and add new ones by swiping up or down. The option to move tiles around allows you to create the sequences you want. No getting stuck with lousy tiles that don’t earn you points.
- Increasing level of game difficulty – The game becomes harder as you spot more sequences. This increase in the game’s difficulty level ensures that the game is constantly dynamic, challenging, and ultimately more exciting.
About This App:
Simple yet addicting:)
This app is not intended for children.
For fans of addictive puzzle games, here is a new game called Quick Shift. A simple and fun numbers-based game,
Quick Shift challenges your reflexes as you race against the clock to score points. With the inclusion of in-game achievements, you’ll be addicted without even knowing it. So go ahead and enjoy Quick Shift!
- 30 levels of number-based gameplay
- In-game achievements (more to come in future updates)
- Fun and clean graphics
- Local leaderboard to compare your overall scores
- Live Tile support
- Added a minor fix
- Added 4 new achievements
- Updated the statistics page
- Changed the background image of the game screen
- Added a trial mode
- Added a animation for the selection of squares
- Added the “statistics” page
- Added a “Send Feedback” button
- Added a “Rate And Review” button
- Added Live Tile support to track achievements progress
- Added 2 new achievements
About this Review
Reviewed on: April 6th, 2012
Version Reviewed: 18.104.22.168
All the information in this review is accurate as of April 6th, 2012