The Bottom Line:
Play a Simon says–style memory game on your phone.
- Highly customizable game settings – Make the game as easy or as difficult as you like by adjusting the number of buttons, enabling the timer, and setting the buttons to rotate or the tone sequences to completely change after each turn. You can also play with or without the sounds, which can be either regular tones or animal sounds, and make the buttons display animal icons instead of the default color blocks.
- Professional sounds and graphics – Sounds and graphics are crisp and engaging. The animal sounds are spot on, and the regular tones are of a pleasant-sounding percussion instrument.
- Earn your score – Scores are automatically calculated according to the difficulty level you set. The more game settings you enable, the more points you get.
- Cost – It’s free*!
- No ranking numbers on leaderboard – The leaderboards arrange the scores in descending order, but they don’t show the players’ ranking numbers. You have to manually count your place on the leaderboard if you want to know your ranking number.
- Room for improvement: No-ads version – It would be great if an advertisement-free version of this game were available. People would not mind paying for an app this well made.
- We could not find anything ugly about this delightful app. If you discover something new or something that could be improved with this app, please leave a comment and we will consider adding it to this post.
- World leaderboards – Three different leaderboards (i.e., overall, weekly, and daily) show exactly how you compare with players from all over the world. The leaderboards also show which game settings the players enabled when they achieved their scores.
- Metro-style implementation – This application follows Metro design principlesMetro is the new design language created by Microsoft for the Windows Phone 7 interface. in a delightful way. It does not feel like an inferior adaptation of an iPhone or Android app
About This App:
Very cute and nice! And good for memory practicing!
3 – 99+ years old
Simon Cow is a classic “Simon Says, You Repeat” memory game for kids and adults with cute animals, sounds and twists. And it’s 100% FREE!
Latest Updates v1.3:
- Support Windows Phone 7.5 Mango with application fast switching!
- 3 to 8 button settings to choose from.
- Randomly select from 10 cute animal icons or color blocks.
- Interesting animal sounds, music notes, or mute options while playing.
- Rotation, new sequence, and answering timer functions make the game more challenge and fun.
- Online Leaderboard service with new scoring system. You can compete with friends from all over the world!
If you like Simon Cow, please leave us a nice rating to help us create more great apps. Don’t forget to check out our other apps! Thanks!
Our Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ganlok-Studio/177886212233732
About this Review
Reviewed on: Feb 8th, 2012
Version Reviewed: 220.127.116.11
WPGirl: 5 year-old girl
All the information in this review is accurate as of Feb 8th, 2012