The Bottom Line:
Categorized set of 134 audio flash-cards in English and Vietnamese.
- Six comprehensive categories – Basic vocabulary is completely covered. The English version has categories for names of animals, food, things, numbers, and body parts; the Vietnamese version has all the categories in the English version plus a category for Vietnamese-food names.
- Alphabetized audio cards with tap-to-replay function – The alphabetical arrangement means you know exactly where your favorite card is. Tap on the cards to replay the audio without having to switch cards first.
- High-quality pictures – Pictures include drawings and photographs that are very vivid and engaging to toddlers.
- Cost – It’s free*!
- No search bar or index – Searching for cards can be cumbersome. Cards are arranged alphabetically, so you may have to go through many other cards to get the one you want.
- Room for improvement: User-created or favorites category – It would be great if users could create their own categories or at least tag their favorite cards. Such feature is useful for emphasizing words that may be harder for toddlers to memorize.
- We could not find anything ugly about this delightful app. If you discover something new or something that could be improved with this app, please leave a comment and we will consider adding it to this post.
- Bilingual: English and Vietnamese – Great for teaching kids English and Vietnamese.
- Metro-style implementation – This application follows Metro design principlesMetro is the new design language created by Microsoft for the Windows Phone 7 interface. in a delightful way.
About This App:
Very helpful for a pre-scholar. Just needs to be added more words, great app. Good job
2 – 10 years old
Talking Toddler Flashcards is an easy to use app for ages 1-10 years old that contains 134 flashcards from six different categories. Parents who want to help their child learn English, this app will be perfect for your child. For parents of children who are of Vietnamese descent, you will find that this app can help your child learn basic Vietnamese words along with reading and the accent marks that go along with the language.
Expect many updates in the near future with more categories and flashcards per category!
Added 90 flashcards
Added Body Parts category
Corrected the issue where multiple sounds would play when swiping to the next flashcard and tapping at the same time
About this Review
Reviewed on: Feb 10th, 2012
Version Reviewed: 18.104.22.168
WPGirl: 5 year-old girl
All the information in this review is accurate as of Feb 10th, 2012