The Bottom Line:
Add funny overlays to pictures while they’re being shot or after they’re saved.
- Over 200 possible overlay combinations – Jazz up any picture with more than 15 overlays, including masks, hairstyles, facial hair, and accessories. Use one effect or combine all the available effects to make hundreds of different modifications to your photos.
- Automatic or manual photo modification – Manually add overlays, or let the app do everything for you. The app’s smart face-detection capability automatically places any overlay in the correct position, but you can also move, rotate, and resize the overlays yourself using simple touch gestures.
- Save and share function – Save modified photos to the Pictures Hub, and share them via e-mail, Facebook, or Twitter. You can e-mail modified photos after saving them to the Pictures Hub, or share them directly on Facebook and Twitter.
- No risk – Free trial available. The trial version enables some of the overlays and the one-time use of the share and save function.
- No zoom capability – You can’t zoom in photos when you’re editing them. The absence of a zoom capability makes it hard to position some of the small overlays.
- Room for improvement: More overlays enabled – It would be nice if there were more overlays available. This app has a lot of users asking for additional content!
- We could not find anything ugly about this delightful app. If you discover something new or something that could be improved with this app, please leave a comment and we will consider adding it to this post.
- Brilliant implementation of Augmented Reality – Add overlays to pictures while taking them with your phone’s rear or front camera—in either landscape or portrait orientation. Faces in live camera-shots are automatically detected and modified with the selected overlays, so you don’t have to save pictures before editing them.
- Metro design and simple user interface – The app is easy to use, responsive, and uncluttered. You don’t have to deal with unnecessary or complex menus, so you can just focus on having fun with the app.
About This App:
Neat app, well worth the 99 cents
This app is not intended for children.
Schulte Software Development
“I have three little daughters aged 1, 3, 5 and they are a great inspiration.”
Get a new dimension of what you see and how people look through your phone’s camera with real-time Augmented Reality. Save or share those moments directly on Facebook and Twitter. It’s fast, it’s easy and a ton of fun. Augmented Reality, the funny way. This is the original Windows Phone face detection fun app. Often been copied, but never reached. The app uses the phone’s camera to automatically detect faces which are overlaid in real-time with a funny mask, an afro, a mustache, a pacifier, shades, a space helmet, a hat or even the head of a monkey, Chuck Norris, the Troll or Rage face and more. The overlays can be combined resulting in more than 200 possible modifications! Multiple faces are also detected and the front facing camera is supported too. Everything is done in real-time only with the data from your phone’s camera. It’s also possible to open an existing picture from the pictures hub to apply the face detection and augmentation. You can save a snapshot of the augmented scene to the phone’s pictures hub and send it via email or share it directly on Facebook and Twitter from within the app. Funny Faces supports the landscape and portrait orientation. It works with all cameras and doesn’t require a front-facing camera. Funny Faces has a great user experience, is very responsive and let’s you focus on your fun.
- ★★★★★ “Funny Faces is a bomb app! Great work :)”
- ★★★★★ “My friends get a chuckle out of it.”
- ★★★★★ “Awesome app.”
The trial version has a couple of overlays enabled and even the share and save functionality can be tested once.
We will provide more overlays and effects with subsequent updates. Please send us your suggestions and we are also happy to help you if you encounter problems. Please provide your feedback via the app’s integrated functionality since it’s not possible to reply to Marketplace reviews.
Have fun! :)
- Added Bunny Ears overlay
- Lower opacity when overlay is manually adjusted
- Front Facing
- ingBug fixes and
About this Review
Reviewed on: Mar 30th, 2012
Version Reviewed: 126.96.36.199
All the information in this review is accurate as of Mar 30th, 2012