The Bottom Line:
Finger drawing application
- Great app for toddlers, kids and adults – This application is so well designed, it can provide a great experience to a wide audience range, from toddlers to adults. You can change the settings from a Simple Menus for kids, a Lock Menus for toddlers and a more advance menu for older users so that everyone in the family can enjoy Draw Free!
- Save your work of art - Once you’ve completed your masterpiece, you can name your drawing and then save it to the Picture Hub.
- Intuitive Interface – The menus and submenus may seem complicated, but this app is very easy to navigate.
- Cost – It’s free*!
- Ad in landscape mode - When this app is used in the landscape mode, the onscreen ad section might appear to take up a lot of space. Ads are a necessary evil for many apps. By adding them, developers are able to offer the apps for free. But some ads come with specific size requirements, leaving developers with little choice about placement, etc. If you’re considering downloading this app and anticipate using it primarily in landscape mode, you may want to consider paying for the ad-free version. In our opinion, it’s worth every penny.
- We could not find anything ugly about this delightful app. If you discover something new or something that could be improved with this app, please leave a comment and we will consider adding it to this post.
- Superb toddler experience – This application offers a Lock Menu setting specially designed for very young children. When you activate this setting, the ad is removed and the bottom menus lock so that the little one can create their work of art without accidentally getting transferred to a sponsor’s site or changing the settings. This is an outstanding implementation of a toddler-friendly feature where the developers put the needs of the child before the advertisers.
- From finger painting to photo editing – With so many settings and menus available, this application is extremely versatile. The menu includes some advanced effects such as ripple, glow, twist and smudge. You can also add sounds to the interface interaction and even change the language from English to Pig Latin to Pirate to Robot!
About This App:
Like omg this app is like so totally amazing. Like, I stamped a frog on my boyfriend head lol it is so amazingly funny. Oh my god!!! .. Get this ish!!! Trust me. You’ll have fun
3 – 99+ years old
“I made this app for my son and daughter, and it went through a lot of kid playtesting!”
Visit our Parent Apps page.
UPDATE v1.7: Multitasking!
This free version is full-featured, but will show ads. You can buy the full version at any time to remove the ads. The full version also has more languages!
Load pictures from your phone, from the camera, or from the internet and draw on top of them or modify them with fun special effects. The interface can be customized for babies, children, and grownups, but is easy to use for everyone.
Draw with multiple fingers in any color or with fun rainbow brushes.
Colorful stamps for adding animals, cars, planets, and more.
Entertaining sounds, with two different themes.
Powerful special effects for warping, coloring, and twisting images.
Load and save pictures.
Undo and redo.
Shake to clear.
Built-in backgrounds for coloring in.
Settings for kids, including screen lock, simpler menus, continuous fade, and no words.
About this Review
Reviewed on: Nov 9th, 2011
Version Reviewed: 1.6
WPChild: 5 year-old girl
All the information in this review is accurate as of Nov 9th, 2011