The Bottom Line:
Coloring book in which numbers, shapes, letters, or dots indicate which color should fill which part of the drawing.
- Many drawings to choose from – Drawings are grouped according to theme, and they appeal to boys and girls with a wide range of interests. The selections include robots, fairies, pirates, circus attractions, and even mystery drawings that are invisible until they’re colored in.
- Save function – Keep a copy of your little one’s artwork on your phone, or share it with family and friends. Drawings are easily saved to the camera roll, so you can share them via e-mail, IM, or any other feature available on your phone.
- Clean, fun user interface – This app, like any other Wimzoo app, has a user interface that’s beautifully designed for kids. It’s brightly colored, easy to navigate, and appealing even to very small children.
- Cost – It’s free*!
- Saved drawings stored in camera roll – If you save a drawing, it will go directly to your phone’s camera roll. Drawings are not saved in a different album like Saved Pictures, which keeps personal, camera-taken photos organized and separate from any other type of picture.
- Room for improvement: Voice-over coloring guide – It would be nice if there were a voice-over that repeats the name of the correct number, shape, or letter. Such feature could reinforce children’s knowledge of basic concepts and enhance their overall experience using the app.
- We could not find anything ugly about this delightful app. If you discover something new or something that could be improved with this app, please leave a comment and we will consider adding it to this post.
- Guided coloring – Color by number, shape, letter, or dot. This method of coloring helps establish or strength children’s knowledge of important preschool topics.
- Freestyle coloring – Color a traditional outlined drawing, or color an invisible drawing to discover what it is. These two alternatives to guided coloring further diversify and add more fun to the activity.
About This App:
Color by numbers, shapes, letters or dots. Fun for all ages. Features include:
- Dozens of unique drawings with bright colors.
- Save drawing to camera roll then share with Friends and family.
- Some drawings come alive once completed. Discover which ones.
- Mystery drawings: uncover the drawing while coloring.
More drawings will be added periodically
This app is ad-supported.
Version 1.1: added pirate drawings
Version 1.2: added circus drawings
Version 1.3: added easter drawings
Version 1.4: added Free Style mode
Version 1.5: added robots drawings
About this Review
Reviewed on: May 25th, 2012
Version Reviewed: 126.96.36.199
WPGirl: 5 year-old girl
All the information in this review is accurate as of May 25th, 2012