The Bottom Line:
Keep track of your daily calories, weight and exercise.
- Tracks more than just calories - You can track your food, exercise and weight.
- Calendar screen - In the Diet Calendar you can see a summary of RDI%, calories, exercise and Net. It displays your daily average and monthly totals.
- Easy to add any type of food - You can search for foods from FatSecret’s database, which in our opinion, is very complete, or add a new item to the database by scanning the bar code of the item, or entering the nutritional information manually.
- Cost - It is free!
- Cookbook missing - The beauty of FatSecret’s applications for other phones is the access it gives you to the FatSecret website. So far, the Windows Phone app does not include the same access. It doesn’t give you access to the website’s customized cookbook, which is very inconvenient for those who have come to rely on the quick, easy access on other smartphones. The only access to this information is to recipes you have previously saved in your Favorite Meals database.
- No Community - There are no community features in the application, which is a core aspect of the website.
- Bad performance - Consumer reviews from the Marketplace say the app performs poorly, if at all, in many non-U.S. countries.
- Metro style implementation – This application follows Metro design principlesMetro is the new design language created by Microsoft for the Windows Phone 7 interface. in a delightful way.
- Synchronizes with the web - If you have a FatSecret.com account (which is free), you can synchronize it with all of the information entered in your phone app.
- Quick entries – The more you use FatSecret, the quicker it is to use. The app tracks and displays the most eaten, recently eaten items and saved meals.
About This App:
Best Calorie Counter for Windows Phone This is a very useful app for helping to stay on track and make food choices throughout the day. The redesign looks great! This is now a proper Windows Phone app. In coordination with the web site, this is the best calorie tracking solution for Windows Phone, period.
Works like a gem for me. Husband has not been able to download a copy that does not crash constantly.
This is app is not intended for children.
Calorie Counter is the essential app to simply find nutritional info for the food you eat and to keep track of your meals, exercise and weight.
The Calorie Counter application has all the cool tools to help you succeed:
A food quick pick to find calorie and full nutrition information. A food diary to plan and keep track of what you’re eating. An activity diary to record all the calories you burn. A weight chart. A journal to record your progress.
You can also sync and access your account online to access your info anywhere, any time.
About this Review
Reviewed on: Sep 9th, 2011
Version Reviewed: 188.8.131.52
All the information in this review is accurate as of Sep 9th, 2011